VIP Keep track of Day Enjoyment
Well, BMWofSanRafael and Sunwise Car Team did it once again: they sponsored a different VIP track working day at planet renowned Laguna Seca, and it was a blast!
What a privilege to be section of a neighborhood that this dealership actively nurtures. I actually know of no other supplier group fulfilling its faithful clients/enthusiasts like this. 🙏🤩
Tons of ///Ⓜ️ designs in attendance from all sorts of generations, lots of great new folks we achieved, and plenty of rubber deposited on the monitor.
Thanks as very well to the terrific folks at Change Sector and Climate Tech Laguna Seca for ensuring we had a safe and sound and fun monitor day. I am even now beaming from how substantially pleasurable these functions are to go to!
Notes on my 2nd track day (ever) vs the initial:
- Turn 1: finally recognized the proper phone pole to goal in buy to blast by way of it quickly. So much I tallied 119 mph as my prime speed by this change and up to the crest, but with additional observe time I assume I can best that
- Change 2: nevertheless not positive how to strike the proper line, but i believe a single apex with an eye toward the exit is the finest
- Change 3: nevertheless also easy to take way too broad and conclusion up having into the keep track of rubber
- Convert 4: this one’s remarkably straightforward to get incorrect, but obtaining it correct allows for preserving very good pace headed towards transform 5
- Convert 5: calls for competent path-breaking in buy to strike the apex right, which I haven’t virtually mastered
- Flip 6: nevertheless my favorite! Get it appropriate in excess of the rumble strip and it slingshots you appropriate up the hill
- Turn 7: this is extra a kink than change, so my eyes merely goal the overhead steel strains as the landmark to get on the brakes and line up the suitable aspect of the automobile from the rumble strip. Swiftest pace was 108 mph likely up the hill
- Change 8: “the corkscrew” needs headed towards the 2nd tree to get the correct line
- Transform 9: yep, I nevertheless dislike turn 9. lol. It is off camber and in no way feels like I nail the tactic just ideal
- Transform 10: yet another beloved! Even though I even now have not mastered it, having it suitable is like one more slingshot feeling
- Change 11: this one particular sees me turning in also early and neglecting to notice how gradual a turn it really is. Additional apply desired…
My historic GoPro Hero 3 recorded some crappy online video and seem, so I am going to share a great lap from my initially trip to Laguna past December. I carried out a tiny much better this time around but however have tons to study.
Just one additional massive thanks to BMW of San Rafael! I are unable to sing their praises ample. Andy the GM, Artem and PJ (and Rommel) on the genius/product sales side, and Tom in Company all are entitled to kudos for their candor and skills. Severely, what a pleasure it is to do these things with a group like them.